Nightmare at the airport.
Nightmare at the airport. (By Johann Friedrikson)
Hi there everyone! I love travelling, and I spend half year working for a London based company which every year provides its workers with a free trip to a chosen European destination.
This year it decided we would go to Barcelona. However, due to Coronavirus we spent tree days waiting at a checking-in desk in Berlin Airport waiting for information about the procedures and requirements Spanish government required us to take a flight to our final destination.
So we lost hotel reservations and we had to stay in Berlin. We finally stayed an visited Germany (which was not very entertaining for me, because as you may guess it is my homeland! 😅😎
Next March we intend to go to Barcelona. Can you help us with airport procedures? Thanks! Dankeschön!
Hello Mr. Friedrikson,
ResponderEliminarMy name is Yolanda, I'm a Spanish tour guide and I think I can solve your problem.
First of all you have to check the covid incidence in Spain, to see if it's safe. Now we are getting lower incidence, but always try to avoid crowded places.
The rules to enter the country are easy:
All travellers must fill in a Health Control Form before they departure. You have to provide Qr code when boarding and arriving to Spain. Each person has to fill its form. You have to fill it in the 48 hours before departure, and you can do it via Spain Travel Health web or the apps.
If your country is considered a risk area, you must give a vaccination proof and a negative test result.
I hope this helps to solve your doubts, and if you need anything more, don't hesitate to contact me.
Yolanda Juárez, Spanish tour guide.
Hi Mr. Friedrikson,
ResponderEliminarMy name is Fernando, I´m a Spanish tour guide and travel agent. To attend your problem i can give you some advices to solve any problem that you have next time you can travel.
First, you have to check the situation in Spain, because we had a pandemic situation and we are still with Covid-19 measures, especially for tourists, to avoid any medical problem for everyone.
Also, I recommend you to have the EU Digital COVID Certificate, it has a duration of 9 months and it is neccesary to access our country. It is a digital proof, valid in all EU countries, that a person has either been vaccinated against COVID-19, has recovered from COVID-19, or has received a negative test result.
After that, you have to fill a Health Control Form in Berlin to send it to Spain. Also, you will have this document into your e-mail, so you can download at your phone. If you travel with more people, they also have to fulfill that form. At least, you have to send it 48 hours before to travel but I recommend you to do at least 5 days before.
If you need another information about airport rules or anything, you can contact me replying this message here in the blog. I hope I have solved your doubts.
Fernando Chulián, Spanish tour guide and travel agent from Rising Sun Travels&Events.